Thursday, March 4, 2010

how much is postage to alaska

Every so often in this house, (ok like every week it seems) I am challenged by my children. Not challenged by smarts or cleaning or cooking even. This is a Knock down, drag out, yes i can make you obey, and yes I am the MOM and i am in charge kind of challenge.
I know it sounds bad to some of you but this house is not a democracy, it is a monarchy. And when you stage a coo it becomes a dictatorship. And this dictator has come out to play. It starts pretty small usually, refusing to answer me, not picking things up when asked, giving me lip when they do finally answer me. I know its coming, I start getting ready for it. I know that one or the other or sometimes both are going to pick a thing and take a stand. Yesterday it was both.
K and A have both just been bullies lately, to each other, Josh, even to their best friends. I am willing to over look alot of things but intentionally hurting others isn't one of them. I understand the power trip behind it but I don't get the actually doing it. I hate being mean (despite what my children think) and would love just to play nice and have a fun time together but tonight that isn't going to happen.
After yesterdays fights and power struggles I was done. The punishment for bulling the next day were they go straight to bed. No dinner, no story, no nothing. K didnt believe me. It's 4:37 and she is in her pj's and down for the night.
If you dont laugh, you'll cry

No comments:

Post a Comment