Tuesday, March 23, 2010

having patience

Its coming. The kids know its coming. Easter is almost here. I love Easter, the church services, the dresses, the food, and the kids hunting eggs all make for a great day. The kids love it too and I really do understand that waiting for the day to get here when your 4 and 5 is as close to torture as it gets. Now since i really do remember being young and how hard the waiting is I don't mind having the kids talk about it and make their plans and ask the endless questions that come along with it. Will we buy shoes? Can I paint eggs? Will daddy hide them in the yard again? When can we eat the candy we find? Can I eat Josh's candy? He is still a baby.
Last night though, as we are driving home from bible study at 8:30 at night, I just wanted some quiet time. The girls were told it was time to stop asking questions, start relaxing and getting ready to sleep. "but mom!!" says A, " Who will hide the eggs" A no more, we will talk about it tomorrow. "Mom" says K, "will i get more eggs than A?" Thats enough says the mom, no more talking at all till we get home. K-"Knock, knock mom, we are talking about Easter! HELLOO!"
Can you hear my head explode from there?
If you don't laugh, you'll cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment